The physical benefits of Massage Therapy can include:
- Increasing joint mobility and range of motion by reducing soft tissue tension.
- Increasing the elasticity and suppleness of scar tissue, which may be present following soft tissue damage.
- Relieving tightness, stiffness, spasms and restriction in the muscles and associated tissues.
- Encouraging muscle relaxation and stretching can facilitate increases in muscle flexibility.
- Massage can promote an increase in blood circulation, delivering the soft tissues with oxygen and nutrients, promoting decreases in muscle fatigue and soreness.
- Encouraging removal of toxins and waste products from the blood and muscles, which accumulate during physical activity.
- Reducing oedema (excess fluid in the tissues) and swelling (an inflammatory response following tissue damage) by increasing lymphatic drainage (the system by which waste products are removed from the body).
- Aiding the nervous system by means of stimulation or relaxation, depending on the nature of the massage.
- Helping to reduce pain, by facilitating the release of endorphins (hormones known to elevate mood).
- Increasing an overall psychological feeling of well-being.
Our therapist’s are on hand to help those aches and pains.
We specialise in;
Pre and post sporting event massage
We understand visiting a SMT can be a nervous time. Our theripists are fully Before any session, we conduct a consultation which highlights a number of factors such as professionals involved, previous injuries, lifestyle and posture.
From this information, it will help us come up with the correct treatment plan.